The Covid-19 pandemic revealed the deficiencies in international collaboration and multilateralism, a lack of preparedness and an effective coordinated global response. International organizations, including the UN and the World Health Organization, are dependent on the support and political will of member states. This webinar will discuss how the Post-Covid-19 world should focus on building a global society, that can address global health pandemics, and other issues, through new democratic and accountable global institutions such as a World Parliament.
This event is organized by the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) in collaboration with Democracy Without Borders (DWB) and the Center for UN Constitutional Research (CUNCR).
- Prof. Tim Murithi, Head of the Peacebuilding Interventions Programme at IJR
- Prof. Josephine Borghi, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Andreas Bummel, Executive Director at DWB
- Dr. Shahr-yar Sharei, Executive Director at CUNCR
- Dr. Dena Freeman, Senior visiting fellow, Department of Anthropology, London School of Economics