A new policy review of Democracy Without Borders on the creation of a UN Parliamentary Assembly (UNPA) will be presented and discussed for the first time at this panel. A UNPA is proposed as an addition to the UN General Assembly that would allow elected representatives to be involved in matters of UN governance and strengthen the democratic character and accountability of the world organization. The study is available as a download on this page.
- Darren Bergman, Member of the South African National Assembly
- Andreas Bummel, Executive Director, Democracy Without Borders (Introduction and moderation)
- Domènec Devesa, Member of the European Parliament, Spain
- Nomsa Tarabella Marchesi, Member of the South African National Assembly
- Alhagie Mbow, Member of the National Assembly of the Gambia
- Florence Mutua, Member of the Parliament of Kenya (tbc)
- Lilia Puig, Member of the Mercosur Parliament, Argentina
This is a community-driven session of the UN75 Global Governance Forum that is organized by Stimson Center in collaboration with numerous partners. To participate in this session, you need to register for the forum here.
Update: Participate at the said time by using this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81387087548
Check here to find the time of this event in your time zone